Get Ready for School. School Readiness Assessment & Treatment Package
Set your kiddo up for success at school!
This appointment package is suitable for those with kiddos who are just getting ready to go to school for the first time, or who have had kiddos in school for some time now but find that they need a bit more help with the activities that are involved with actually being in school.
Some of the skills that your kiddo will need when they go to school include:
- Handling the demands of classroom learning including paying attention, transitioning between tasks, and managing their behaviour in the classroom
- Managing their toileting
- Changing their own clothing if a change is needed
- Managing their belongings according to the expectations of their age
- Keeping up with peers in school and on the playground
- Using pencils, crayons, scissors, and picking up small objects
- Socially interacting with peers at the expected level of children their age
This 4-appointment assessment and treatment package includes the following:
- 2×30-45minute assessment appointments to determine exactly what level your child is at, their level of readiness for school activities, and where we may be able to make improvements in their skills
- 2 follow-up 30-45-minute treatment appointments to focus on the areas of need identified in the assessments, and those areas of specific need or interest by the parents.
After the first 2 appointments, the Occupational Therapist will complete a very thorough report detailing their findings, and including very detailed individualized recommendations for your child, including resources and referrals as appropriate.
Get Started Today!
(for Niagara and surrounding areas)
Complementary Paediatric Occupational Therapy Packages
West End Mamas works with insurance companies to do online billing for treatments, whenever possible. Simply ask if your insurance company is compliant when you book your appointment.