HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education Class
You will learn relaxation and self hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm, and comfort. In addition to the self-hypnosis techniques described you will understand and appreciate the changes taking place in your body as your body moves through your birthing process.
You will become familiar with common birth interventions and the alternatives, while gaining complete confidence in the birthing experience.
You will also learn:
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing
- Why women in other cultures have birthing almost entirely free of discomfort
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding
HypnoBirthing® can help:
- Eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing
- Eliminate or greatly reduce the need for chemical painkillers
- Shorten the first stage of labour by several hours
- Eliminate fatigue during labour, leaving mother fresh, awake and with energy for actual birthing
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods
- Promote special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion
- Encourage a more rapid postnatal recovery
- Return birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion
All course materials (Hypnobirthing textbook and MP3 download link) are provided at the first class.
We look forward to meeting you!
Classes and workshops are non-refundable. Cancellations made more than 2 weeks prior to the start of the class/workshop will be credited in full to your account. Cancellations made less than 2 weeks or after class has started will not be credited.
Changes such as switching into another class or workshop may be made without penalty if the change is requested 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the workshop.
In the event that a class or workshop is cancelled, registered students are eligible for a refund or may select an alternative and equally priced class or workshop option.
On occasion, teachers may be substituted at short notice; in such cases the cancellation policy still applies. There’s no exception to this policy. We thank you for your understanding.
Class / Workshop Facilitators
- Liliana CustodioHypnoBirthing® Instructor
Liliana believes that the breath is both an anchor and a doorway in cultivating a quiet mind, a relaxed body and a balanced life. The breath is a constant regardless of our life’s journey or milestones. Her interest and passion for embracing life’s moments with complete mind/body presence first led her into the field of social work and then into mindfulness meditation and that is where her own journey into childbirth education began over eight years ago.
Liliana became a certified HypnoBirthing® Childbirth educator to support women as they connect to their unique, powerful and innate wisdom to give birth in a calm and confident way. It is a beautiful and sacred moment when women begin to recognize and trust their bodies as their most intimate teacher. The role of the birth partner throughout the birthing process is no less important as they are the protectors of space and the voice of encouragement and comfort.
As your journey unfolds, Liliana’s intention is to empower and guide you, along with your birth partner, towards an informed, calm and mindful pregnancy and birthing experience. She believes every woman has the right to choose and be informed of all her options when it comes to childbirth and to surround herself with health care practitioners that fully support and align with her birth preferences and values. Liliana would be honoured to be part of your journey by supporting and guiding you in the miracle of birth. If you are interested in connecting on a deeper level to your birthing body and participating with the birthing process, then HypnoBirthing® childbirth classes are for you.
Class / Workshop Facilitators
- Lynda BalenaHypnobirthing® Instructor
Lynda has been working with birthing families for over 30 years. She is very honoured to have been a part of the births and childbirth education process for hundreds of families. Lynda teachers Hypnobirthing®, diligently working to fulfil the dream of Hypnobirthing®’s founder, Mickey Morgan, that “every woman everywhere will know the joy of truly safe, comfortable and satisfying birthing for herself and her baby. Lynda considers this truly her labour of love and is thrilled to welcome you to her class.
This session is extended by one week. No class October 11th (Thanksgiving).